Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I like your 302 and your license plate, too! but I'm also partial to blue.
Really enjoying my +20k miles so far!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks MPTeck.
I see your in MO.We have a 'old' gas station here,(Way out in the boonies) that looks Exactly like the one you posted.:wow:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I Love mine too! Perfect for me!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have come to the same conclusion. At first, I was thinking that 300 something HP was not going to be enough. Since I only drive the Cobra on the street, I am finding that the 302 with heads and a cam is a great engine. My engine issues so far have been minor. The Gen2 alternator locked up and broke the belt. I installed a Gen3 and could not be happier. The other issue was with over heating caused by a short in the electric fan. Once I rewired the fan, I have been dead on correct for temp. I am also pretty impressed with the 24+ MPG I get on freeway trips.

The only minor thing is that with the cam, I have low torque at idle. This makes stop and go traffic a fun challenge.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Our little local car club (of 60 members) as just picked up its 4th Cobra owner .Three of the four are Factory Five cars :)

·
Charter Member
1,764 Posts
I love small block also. I had one in my Cobra that could keep up with anything.

Just bought a 66 Fairlane with a 390. First big block car I have ever owned. Driven a lot of my buddies BBF Cobra and love them.

I just bought /traded on a 363 Dart block. Now I have a dilemma. A GT 40 with a small block that would spin 7,500 would sound awesome. We will see.

https://www.gt40s.com/attachments/dart-block-302-4-125-2-jpg.98644/

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
One thing on the kwik-lift.
You need a floor jack that will go UP 21". Most jacks wont. 21" high is needed
So the rear spring loaded legs on the lift will come down and lock into position.
It also needs to drop very low to get under the lift point. I have a kwik lift and the wrong jack (guessing 20" lift) which makes raising/lowering a 2 step process. Someday I will upgrade the jack but I bought it well before I bought the lift and can't justify 2.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
It also needs to drop very low to get under the lift point. I have a kwik lift and the wrong jack (guessing 20" lift) which makes raising/lowering a 2 step process. Someday I will upgrade the jack but I bought it well before I bought the lift and can't justify 2.
This is the jack I use w/the lift.Its a 1 step process,all the way up,all the way down :)
7 1/2" to 21"lift https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/acdelco-2734/tools---equipment-16488/shop-equipment-16634/lift-equipment-16815/hydraulic-floor-jacks-18045/e7a827c9c135/acdelco-6000-lbs-suv-high-lift-floor-jack/34119/2494164

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,986 Posts
I LOVE my 302 as well!!

They never run hot, and my brother's turned 374HP at the crank.

With forged internals, and 4-bolt splayed mains in a high nickle (diesel-like) block, I can bolt on another 125HP via supercharger if desired.

I don't know why Ford stopped making this engine.

:)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I LOVE my 302 as well!!

They never run hot, and my brother's turned 374HP at the crank.

With forged internals, and 4-bolt splayed mains in a high nickle (diesel-like) block, I can bolt on another 125HP via supercharger if desired.

I don't know why Ford stopped making this engine.

:)
its a beauty !!! thanks:)

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Just did a ~7 hour loop from my house to Front Royal to Skyline Drive to Charlottesville back to my house in Northern Virginia. Went from ~1200 miles on the odometer to ~1500. Had an absolute blast; passing slow moving vehicles was as easy as waving as I went by!

John

·
Charter Member
1,764 Posts
first start on my little small block 347. Lot of tuning to be done but we'll get there

Thanks Erik for helping me Saturday.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts