Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken at MattT's BBQ a few weeks ago. The owner just bought this CAV GT40 complete with a SSTL monocoque frame. He also owns an FFR Daytona Coupe

Cheers
GT40 Bill

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Stopped at the local gas station yesterday and idling over by the pumps was a new Ford GT. Turns out the driver was a 35-year Ford employee who's job it was to take GT's for perscribed test rides (the Wixom plant is just down the road). Apparently he does this every Saturday.... and gets paid for it! He was having a really hard time keeping the smile from appearing from ear to ear..... created quite s stir around the station.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Bill,

That just fits you. Can't wait for the delivery party

I REALLY like the care behind you, too. Nice.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

The car behind me is a mint 1967 or 1968 Fastback.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I like this one from the back of my truck

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Why is that car so darn attractive? I can only think of a few other automotive shapes that are that timeless and good looking.

·
18,090 Posts
Originally posted by 2FAST4U:
Thanks

The car behind me is a mint 1967 or 1968 Fastback.

Looks like it was a fun party!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I work at BMW dealer and there is a Lambo dealer around the corner that does not have a state inspection machine.They brought in a Ford GT the other day and it got more attention than any other car they have ever brought in.(Saleens,Lambos and Ferraris)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
It's going to be kind of hard to pass Del Taco through that little window opening thing, though. LMAO!

·
2,332 Posts
Beautiful car, I really like the color scheme.

The plate frame says just about everything we need to know about you bill ;)

In the pic I spy 2 Cobras which from a distance appear to be FFR's. Who's are they?

-SGC

·
Charter Member
81 Posts
Great color. I have it on my Ford GT 1/18, but it definitely looks better on a 1/1 GT40.

I can't wait to see your GT40 with a plate that reads "Life begins with a Nissan Frontier" ? :D

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shawn-

The light blue Cobra belongs to Snakeboy. The color is Mini Cooper Blue. The one in front of it is also an FFR but I don't know who the owner is. There were 5 FFR Cobras, a Dodge Viper, a BOSS 302 Mustang, the 1967 Fastback and an SPF Cobra. It was a great day with looky-loos slowing down and drooling as they drove past.

Fifth Wheel-

That's a good idea!

Cheers
GT40 Bill

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
What a great pic Bill, I hadn't seen that one.

Yea the fastback is my neighbors (Steve) it's a 1967 with the 302/c4. He is planning on fitting at least one turbo on it and is also working on a Cobra kit.

Hey look... i'm in that pic standing over Les's car on the trailer. :D

BTW. Joe (GT 40 owner) should have the coupe done in another month or so, he is going to bring it to the next Caraholics meet. I will work on him to get both cars to the house (drivers needed) :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts