Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Four years ago, I started asking about adding heim joint to my car, and I received a lot of good information
from several members complete with parts list, and detailed procedures.

I then bought all of the parts, (my sales receipt is dated 2018), and the parts sat on a shelf until a month ago....

Until I absolutely had to put new tires on, and the old 245's were discontinued.

The only option to stay with the Michelin PS2's was to move up to 255's......But my 245's were already
sneaking out from under the fender due to the Wilwood brakes.

So the project took on another objective to move the tire back under the fender AND add heims.

Thanks to all who shared their knowledge and experience when they did this, I am finally in the
re-assembly stage..

While I was doing the heim joints, I also did the new UCA pivots, QA1 ball joints, and a bump steer kit.

The welding jig, built from a new arm.......This will accommodate either pin drive or standard arms.
The studs at the back of the jig are for setting the length of the new rear LCA's.
Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

The jig with arm mounted
Toy Machine Nickel Auto part Metal

And the final results
Picture frame Rectangle Bicycle part Crankset Font

YES, the new 255's are under the fender.

And FWIW, I have FFR3319, a MK1.5 that has been on the road since 2002.....

Proof positive that these cars are NEVER truly finished........Or, at least mine will never be finished.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hit the "gear" then the "paper clip" that opens up access to your photos and the ability to post them.
I think my problem is that when Photobucket went out of bounds, I started a Google Photo page, and I have4 never totally figured out how to get the Google
photos to load.

Photo bucket was great while it lasted, but nothing is forever.

I have seen where they have re-instated their free access, but with limited storage......But I still dont trust them.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,380 Posts
I have been using Flickr since pb went away. But you don't even need that. When you are typing a post look at the row of icons across the bottom of the field and see the little rectangle w/ a mountain inside it. Click that, and then click the box that pops up saying 'Drop image or click here'.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Go to the pictures on your PC and click the one you want to put here. Then in the lower right click 'Open'. It will bring you back here and you will see a greyed version of your pic. Wait 10-20 seconds while it is uploading and then it pops to full color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts