Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Alex, I have Progressive INsurance Co., Here in New England. Did not have good luck with other specialty insurance companies that Cobra owners often use. My policy for unlimited milage and a stated value of $20,000 went for $450.00 for full coverage. During the winter when I pull it off the road I can drop the liability and save about $150.00. If Progressive is in your area, give them a try.

Dave Lithway

·
Registered
365 Posts
IMO 'Grundy' seems fine. I have yet to have a claim mind you but the cost for the year here in MA is $509 and that's an agreed to value of 60K.
BUT... I can't drive it to work.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Grundy would not take my car, but State Farm did, with full coverage, and low cost....I think it is a state by state thing.

·
2,860 Posts
I'm also with PROGRRESSIVE. Agreed upon value of $40,000. Unlimited mileage and can drive anytime/anywhere. No claims yet however.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My car is insured through MetLife, but I got it through Mike Smith at Northeast Classic. Although I've never filed a claim, Mike is great to work with and a supporting vendor to this forum. Give him a call and he'll hook you up.

·
Charter Member
996 Posts
I go thru Mike Smith at Northeast Classic also. Never had to file a claim, but he was great to deal with setting up the policy. I have a mileage limitation, but only use the car for fun, and it has to be stored in my locked garage ( wouldn't have it anywhere else anyhow. )My premium is $150.00 per year.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,886 Posts
I have State Farm, pretty reasonable, under 600 bux a year. Easy to work with.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I just contacted American Hobbiest and got a quote for $550 a year. However, they require that it not be used as a commuter, which is fine for me but maybe not for others. I'm with Progressive for my other cars and talked with them first. They recommended I go with someone else because when it comes time to make a claim, agreed upon value or not, they will "look up the value" of the car and go from there. When I questioned further about this it was obvious that getting the agreed upon value would be a challenge if it was ever totaled. So... on to others.

American Hobbiest seems to know what they are doing. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks, John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts