Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tired all the fixed for the Wilwood reservoirs. I tried different clamps. I tried heating them then putting them on. I made sure the o-ring was in the proper place. I still have a really bad leak. I've looked for another reservoir but all I can find with a similar connection is the 3 chamber one from forte. Does anyone know where I can find a quality single chamber reservoirs???

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Some guys are using the orignal type "cans" or the CNC version. Not sure where they get them somebody here will know.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Plastic reservoirs are junk!

I got the Willwood plastic reservoirs with my pedal kit. They leaked like a sieve from the minute they had fluid in them. I tried everything to get it to stop but nothing worked. I finally pulled them off and tossed them in the trash. I got a set of CNC reservoirs and they have never leaked a drop. Look for them here:

CNC, Inc. - Accessories

They also look a lot more appealing than the cheap plastic ones!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the Willwood plastic reservoirs with my pedal kit. They leaked like a sieve from the minute they had fluid in them. I tried everything to get it to stop but nothing worked. I finally pulled them off and tossed them in the trash. I got a set of CNC reservoirs and they have never leaked a drop. Look for them here:

CNC, Inc. - Accessories

They also look a lot more appealing than the cheap plastic ones!
Thanks! Thats exactly what I'm looking for. It didn't look like I could order from that site but I found them @ Race Ready > Cnc Remote Reservoir Kits It was $63 but if they don't leak they will be worth every penny!

·
Owner
343 Posts
Girling style reservoirs

Nic
I am the one supplying the Girling style reservoirs. I've attached a photo of them. I'll send you a PM

I use the Wilwood cap on my master cylinders and understand your frustration. I had one that continued to leak. Found I had cut the o-ring when installing it.

Wilwood and Tilton both make master cylinders that have a pipe thread connection for the reservoir connection.

Hope this helps

Paul Proefrock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've tired all the fixed for the Wilwood reservoirs. I tried different clamps. I tried heating them then putting them on. I made sure the o-ring was in the proper place. I still have a really bad leak. I've looked for another reservoir but all I can find with a similar connection is the 3 chamber one from forte. Does anyone know where I can find a quality single chamber reservoirs???
If you want, I have 4 "extra" Wilwood plastic reservoirs you can have. One of them didn't leak (but I don't remember which one) :evil:

Moving to the CNC system was one of the most satisfying mods I did because it immediately made all the problems go away.

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Went with the CNC reservoirs immediately when I saw the plastic Wilwood ones. Would probably have gone with the Girling style if I had seen them first though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts