Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if you guys might look at my addd in the main, NW and SW regional forums. This is my second FFR and I've been on these pages since the beginning.I've got an excelent price on this kit. Easily over 40K and asking $32.5.
I must be wording something wrong or something. This kit without the engine is around 26K. That's painted with everything having been trial fit. That's only 6k more than FFR wants for a roller with far less parts and the paint is all done with most every vendor option included !!! For someone who wants a car at a good price with most of the mods and work done, this is just a good deal. Suggestions
? Thanks.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,886 Posts
Looks great, maybe the pics are TOO big? no frame pics? I don't know, it does look like there are a lot more for sale than there have been in months past. Good Luck, it looks great.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I think that this forum is probably the worst place to sell a Cobra.
Unless you're "giving" it away.
I think E-bay or another enthusiast car-for-sale site is a better bet.
Just my .02

RR

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
Here are my random thoughts...

For one, your buyer must want or be willing to accept that paint color. If not, that is money wasted to repaint.

Someone looking for a completed car can buy a completed car, not a partially assembled one or one that needs "final re-assembly", whatever amount of work that implies. If they are looking to build a car, they may want to build to their own specification and are looking forward to the experience.

On a side note, I bought my car partially completed and wish I had not. I ended up having to redo a lot of things to my satisfaction. Other's may have that same hesitation regardless of how competent you are.

You have massive pictures of the body, but I didn't see any pictures of wiring, suspension (well, one partial wheel hub), etc.

You have a Mk2 kit. The Mk3's are available. If someone wants to use a 4.6, forget it.

What is keeping you from "final re-assembly" and selling it as a roller? Perhaps list everything that needs to be completed.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Go to a car show and put a for sale sign on it.

Take out an add in the paper offering free drives in the car - let 25 qualified people drive it. Someone will have to get emotional on it after that and have enough cash to act on it.

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
I'm going to agree with what has already been said about the pics being too large. I find the size distracting and quite frankly makes it hard to see the totality of the car. Also, I think there are several unfinished kits being offered so you will need some patience for the right buyer to come around.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Market is flooded, whilst you have a lot into it the car is only worth what someone will pay. Consider dropping price.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
and the buyer is going to have to be satisfied with your idea of a cobra..brakes, suspension gauges, seats, etc....most forum guys already have their own idea and if it dosen't largely match yours ...no bites

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input guys. One of the moderators posted the pictures and "massaged " the ad. I'll send him an e mail with some corrective suggestions. I'm trying to sell this car and my Lotus S7 to fund a GTM. Looks like I'll be finishing this car this winter. Just had hopes of a quick sale at such a good price and a GTM in the shop. :)Thanks again.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
From reading your ad, it sounds like your selling the kit with the items you purchased from the vendor and had the body work done.

It doesn't sound like you did any other work on it though. Did you do the fitting of the aluminum and wiring already or is it just the kit as received from FFR with paint work done? If that's the case, I think price really will be the driving force of the sale.

If you did work on the assembly at all, you should point that out with more pictures and a good description.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess ya do have to kinda "read between the lines" to see what's done.......

Rear hidden hinges and remote hood and trunk in the post made me feel it was understood that all body panels had been fit. Modified footboxes would lead you to believe the sheetmetal has been done. I had more pictures but only moderators can edit the ads in the main "for sale" section and you can't even reply. Seems to me it makes that whole section kinda useless.
I may just redo the ad to include more detailed description. Basically, the chassis needs powder coating because of things welded to the frame, the wiring needs to be done and the car assembled. Still a lot more done than the 20K FFR roller. The paint is beautiful and I could live with a 10K saving plus many hours of labor if I were looking and didn't like the color .... :)Thanks for the comments guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts