Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is some “rainy day reading” for some background.
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/43-off-topic-discussions/225178-drafting-cad-solidworks.html
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/43-off-topic-discussions/240882-help-what-would-you-draw-solidworks.html
I just finished my second week of full time employment at www.CADD-Works.com, WOO HOO. I started working there part time one year ago then completed my internship two weeks ago. I am now no longer a “dislocated worker”, as the government refers to us. It will still take one to two years to get to where I was before losing my job in ’09 but I didn’t have to sell the roadster. So have one on me guys. :beer:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Happy to hear it, Congratulations!

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
Great news, I've been dabbling in cad since the early 90"s mostly 2D stuff but recently started to use Solidworks at work. I would love to get my hands on some better training tutorials. I am working a second career, started in the graphics industry, now I'm doing design work for a national hydraulics manufacturer\distributer. Mostly assembling components into configurations with some custom modified parts, for sales proposals. They are liking the fact that I do the can do custom private label decals and apply them right in the drawings.
Patrick

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
Congratulations, TD! I love it when another person in PA is on the employment role, particularly when they are happy!

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Congrats, I had been in the unemployment line for over 19 months before I scored a job again. Had to start off at a lower position first and then move up to where I was a before that also.
So I know just how you feel.
Glad your back at it again and you did not have to sell the car.
Todd

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. I'm loving the process of rapid prototyping. I'm well on my way to being SolidWorks certified and have been getting to know SolidCAM. I can't believe I found something so close to my dream job.

I would love to get my hands on some better training tutorials. Patrick
Patrick, A coworker Tim has what I think is a great tutorial webpage, www.solidworker.com. These are tutorials based off of the most asked tech question. It isn't the "how do I model a car" type of tutorials found many other places. Let me know if there is a subject you need covered, I can mention it to him and maybe even have a tutorial posted.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations Tony, great to hear of your success and happiness!
Way to go.
Thank you Jeff. It was staring at your paint job (on my car) that got me through the "hard times". I hope you and your business are sharing the reward of HARD work, as I have. :)

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
i Solidworks all day.

even if you don't use them every day, do your best to dabble in all the advanced features: bill of materials, attributes, animations, etc. they will increase your value as an employee.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts