Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st Place in Class at the 26th Annual Morris Lions Club Fall Classic Car Show.

My summer is complete…my build has been validated. This is a pretty big show that draws + - 1,000 cars. I got a break; Hot Rod was selling off some excess garage inventory in the Swap Meet area so he didn’t have his gorgeous Go ManGo (paint color) Cobra in the competition.

Now I can focus on getting ready for Autocross in the spring.

Jack

·
6,279 Posts
Congrats and well deserved!

·
Registered
443 Posts
congrats what a gorgeous car!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Jack
Beautiful car
Great smile
Congrats
Cheers
A

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Well deserved, such a beautiful car. Congrats.

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
Lots of hard work vs drove from the showroom with shiny parts added... Congrats !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is an awesome show!

I’ve heard about it for years but I was either too busy with the family or lately I had to avoided a lot of the getting out and about, instead having to stay focused in the garage.

They say it is a good show to buy at, being at the end of the season. Their web site said they have had as many as 400 cars in the For Sale Corral; I didn’t go through it Sunday…why bother I don’t have any money left. They also have a large swap meet area maybe equivalent to 2 city blocks. The whole thing probably covers 40 acres. They have a lot of food booth several by local organizations like the VFW, H-S Band etc. And then there are the cars…WOW the cars…all kinds of nice cars from 60’s and 70s muscle and highway cruisers to street rods, Corvettes, to a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Some pretty rare cars. I also liked this white 1960 Chrysler 300 F with that super long cross ram manifold, 4 bucket seats…the fronts swivel, full length counsel with an arm rest/glove box front and rear. Man that car was a Hot Rod for the Country Club sect.

Thanks guys for the complements, yes it is nice to get the recognition. I’m selling plastic injection molding and mold manufacturing services currently as an Independent Rep. representing a Chinese manufacturing company and you don’t get recognition from them.

I set out to build a Show Car…not a trailer queen or a car for the show car circuit but a street Hot Rod that is of show car quality but will also perform equally as well on the street and on the track. I’ve gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it on the street this summer. I did trailer it to London, I just finished the car a few weeks prior and that was just to long for the maiden voyage. We’ll see about driving there next year.

So I got the trophy, that satisfies that urge, I’m having fun on the street…the car is a real pleasure to drive. Now I will focus on getting it ready for the track. I have to get my safety equipment and get ready for Autocross in the spring for starters.

This Is A Nice Sport!

Jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.