Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was walking out of class last night I saw 2 big guys standing by my car. There was no other cars around for at about 10 spaces. As I was walking up I cracked a joke to find out if they were planning on car jacking me or just looking. I said it sure would look a lot better painted. That way I didn't indicate it was mine but yet I could still find out if they were just admiring it. Both of them laughed and said it looked good enough as it was. I talked to them for a few mins, and was on my way. What shocked me the most was they asked if it was a real cobra I was restoring. Even with the thick body seams. I said no, mine was better, I can drive mine and not worry as much as if it were an orginal.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
It shocked you that they asked if it was an original? Are you just getting it on the road, or have you been driving it for awhile? Not an uncommon question, at all. Get used to people gawking at your car; happens all the time.

Don't sweat the carjacking; it's insured. You won't enjoy it as much if you are worried about it. At the end of the day, it's just another car.

These cars are so unique and identifiable that a would-be car thief is probably going to move on to the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry; there's a million of them.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Good responce to "is it real".

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Alex, I thought maybe your car was painted, because I saw a Cobra on US 1 Sunday on a car trailer and it was silver with lighter silver stripes, it looked as if it was just painted. Also, my wife saw the same Cobra near the Post Office in Cocoa yesterday and was wondering if that could have been you. I am now wondering whose Cobra could that belong too. Alex, do you have any plans as to when you are going to have your car painted and what color have you picked?

Jack

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Alex
that happens all the time. Drive up to a Ford dealership to get something and you will empty the showroom every time. All part of the fun of these cars.
David W

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
I had far more people looking at mine unpainted who had convinced themselves that it was indeed an original. I had the seams ground and filled. I had one guy say that I did a nice job welding the body back together and another who looked at the bare aluminum floors and dash with only a speedometer and was swearing to his friend that this was real. I never let any of them think it was, of course. Once it was painted, it was far less often that anyone asked if it was real again.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charles, thanks!

Jack R., no it wasn't me. I think it belongs to Mike Gentile, he has a silver on silver paint job, and he lives in Merritt Island. I'm pretty sure blue with white stripes. I'm not sure when. I'm having to much fun with it the way it is.
David I work at a Ford Dealer, so they see it all the time now. But I have alot of customer's that love it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
calling Mike Gentile

Does any one know how to contact Mike Gentile? His user name?

Looking for info on his color codes for his outstanding October 05 POM.

Thanks, Wade

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks Steve.

Now that I look at it, it is garagefreak. I did not make the connection at first.

Certainly one of the best built roadsters ... real or otherwise.

Wade

1 - 10 of 10 Posts