Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
WOW! even I know to put cardboard down so you don't paint the grass :rolleyes: ...but then I'm a painter :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Junior Charter Member
1,991 Posts
Obviously this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.....

But I was wondering if it really is that bad to have paint on the rotors. I would think that the paint burns/wears off really quick once you get on the brakes a couple of times.

As long as you dont wear them in in front of a school crossing you should not have a problem... or should you???

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Jeff, what does a pro brake painting cost? :D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Somewhat OT to the OT post, reading the replies on that VW forum shows me why it's a GOOD thing to have the somewhat heavy hand of Larry and our other moderators.

Granted, the guy's probably an idiot, but it doesn't make things better to have a post with 50 smilies holding up a sign that says "Please Die".

I wouldn't want to hang out there. It's OK to razz him here, because he's not on this board.

All the best,
Tag

·
FFCobra Fanatic
958 Posts
Man, for a D-A. He should have used powder-coat. He could have sifted it into the brake mechanism without even disassembling. Then after a few hi-speed runs and hard stops in the 'hood, the heat alone would have automatically cured the color onto the parts of the brakes that don't rub ...if he didn't hit something and shake it all off first.

Come to think of it, with enough powder, it would make quite a poof when he hit something. ;)

Thanks for my laf of the day.

·
Senior Charter Member
238 Posts
This guy is just yanking their chain, check out the website in the poster's signature. If you scroll down the homepage, there's a pic of a dumpster with graffiti on it - and leaning against the dumpster are the rotors in question. Pretty funny stuff though, those guys sure get worked up in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Good catch. And if you go ALL the way to the bottom, there's a pic of the painted rotors, with "You Fools!" flashing over it.

All the best,
Tag

·
7,097 Posts
Prolly has one of those newfangled 710 caps on his motor too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts