Factory Five Racing Forum banner

I Couldn't Resist The Temptation

3K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  JJ'snakepit 
#1 ·
I ordered a kit today. I'm a bad boy!

#3 ·
Yes, the plan is to build a 289 FIA with original fiberglass foot boxes, fiberglass trunk pan, forward braced roll bar, original pedal box, original throttle pedal and linkage, faux transverse leaf spring tower, and Trigo 289 wheels fitted with Goodyear billboard tires. I have the paint scheme all set

#4 ·
Congrats Bill - Glad that retirement is off to a good start :)

#12 ·
Congrats, Bill. Saw your post on the other forum, too. With what you'll be using, that's an ultra-base kit start! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

#18 · (Edited)
I hope to build this car in about 2 or 3 months. I'm retired, so time isn't an issue. I have nearly all the parts with the exception of the trans, wheels, and tires.

The plan is to assemble the car complete to make sure everything fits and works. Then break it down to have the chassis powdercoated and send the body out to paint. While I reassemble the car, Da Bat can work his magic on the body. Hopefully 2-3 months build time

#19 · (Edited)
#23 ·
YEA!!!! Congrats Bill
I'm looking forward to seeing this one progress. I'll be stopping by after I get mine back together.
Do you have a delivery date?

#24 ·
Bill, congrats on pulling the trigger, looks like Santa is going to bring you something fun to play with this year!

Looking forward to the photos and following the build.

Scott

#32 ·
Are you having a delivery party the Sat after it arrives? :D I want to see the new house too.

#34 ·
Oh yea, I forgot Mr. Bruce is getting it first.

#36 ·
No, Bill will be fine. He is doing the FIA which has the wider body with the flairs. The slabside is much narrower.

John O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.