1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a kit today. I'm a bad boy!

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the plan is to build a 289 FIA with original fiberglass foot boxes, fiberglass trunk pan, forward braced roll bar, original pedal box, original throttle pedal and linkage, faux transverse leaf spring tower, and Trigo 289 wheels fitted with Goodyear billboard tires. I have the paint scheme all set

· Registered
2,382 Posts
Congrats Bill - Glad that retirement is off to a good start :)

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am considering putting in a nice straight 6, 3 on the tree and 24 inch spinner wheels.

· Sno B Gone!
3,183 Posts
Am considering putting in a nice straight 6, 3 on the tree and 24 inch spinner wheels.
Wow.... that'll look... ahhh great.

hehe.. congrats! lotsa pics are in order!

· Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
Congrats, Bill. Saw your post on the other forum, too. With what you'll be using, that's an ultra-base kit start! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

· FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
Congrats!
Hope the cam on this motor is easier to break in. :)

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I hope to build this car in about 2 or 3 months. I'm retired, so time isn't an issue. I have nearly all the parts with the exception of the trans, wheels, and tires.

The plan is to assemble the car complete to make sure everything fits and works. Then break it down to have the chassis powdercoated and send the body out to paint. While I reassemble the car, Da Bat can work his magic on the body. Hopefully 2-3 months build time

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
826 Posts
Bill, I've already reserved all of the cool paint schemes (besides green). You'll need to submit your requested livery for approval. Thanks in advance for your expected cooperation.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.