Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to scream and pull my hair out (what’s left of it).
This trying to get an oil filter adaptor on the Exploder motor is going to be my demise.
Finally got a fitting that fits in the block. But now the oil filter relocater I have has to big of a hole or the threaded adaptor I just got in the block is too small. AARRRGGHH!!!!
I am ready to just weld a bypass pipe on there and say to heck with the oil filter.
Does anyone have a FFR supplied oil filter relocate unit they would like to get rid of? Course it had better have the smaller diameter threads. Not ¾”, smaller.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
It just occured to me that you need the whole kit...Do you have the hoses or the part that holds the filter, and attaches to the frame?
If not ,You will need the whole kit...FFR sells the whole kit , as does JEG's...JEG's # for the complete kit is #771-10695 ($45.99)....
Before you order this unit , make sure you find out if the part that screws to the block is the same as #771-2795...The inlets have to come out the front , not the side of the block.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Roy,

I still have the oil relocator assembly from my build. Let me know if you want it. It's yours if you want to come by and pick it up.

Craig

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
Roy,
I would be happy to give you my oil filter relocation unit, but I gave it to Larry and it looks like he already gave it to someone else.

Anyone out there willing to help Roy out with a oil filter relocation setup that they didn't need by going to the 4 into 4's?
Anyone?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
RJG;
I'm not sure if this is what you're running into or not but here's some additional info.
On some Explorers (at least my '97) there are two different oil filters, one with English threads and one with Metric threads (made in Mexico?). I'm forever forgetting and buying the wrong one.
I'm not sure if there's the same difference on the thread that goes into the block but that kind of sounds like what you're running into. The difference I'm seeing is where the filter mounts to the 90 degree adapter.
Hopes this helps

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The part that threads into the block had the correct thread and went in nicely. I am running the shorty headers.
Thanks
Craig you got mail

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PS Todd is your email back up yet?

·
6,559 Posts
RJG,

I don't have experience with your particular application but here's something I've found useful when nothing seems to go as planned during your build.

Go to the local SPCA and find yourself a cat that needs a home. Bring the cat into the garage and make sure you open a window. Now with all your might, try to kick the cat through the window. This may take several attempts to clear the window but with practice, you'll get better. If you have no windows in the garage, just paint a bullseye on the wall and have at it.

My build took me a little over a year and just three cats!

·
8,356 Posts
I've got one too, that I'm not going to use.

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
Hey Roy,
No my work email is still down. They changed providers and it is taking longer than expected. My home email is working, but I haven't been too good at checking it lately.
Call me.
Todd

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll give it another try. Picked up the FFR unit from YeeeeHa and then stopped by the house on the way back to work and tried it. It looks like it will fit. THe engine stand is in the way right now, but I did get almost a full turn on it. This is encouraging.
Thanks for the offers and Thanks Craig.

·
Charter Member
842 Posts
Just a friendly suggestion… you are asking for trouble with the FFR supplied relocator. Mine burst at first engine start, others have had theirs fail while driving (have a nice day) :( . Consider this from Quality Roadsters. I have one and it is bullet proof… Good luck with your problem.. :D

http://www.qualityroadsters.com/oil_filter_relocator.htm

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I've got a cat I'm willing to donate! :D Todd, that's classic!
Ken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.