Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tara from FFR is out until the end of the week (Dec 17th) and I was told it takes 6 weeks to get your MSO. Don't I need this to register & get smog certificate in January? Maybe it came with the car and I missed it? I specifically ordered this kit end of year 2004 to register it January 3rd. Am I in trouble?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
You really don’t need it until your car is drivable. When you go to the DMV they will want all your receipts (for tax reasons)for the build.
Do you have everything already? Once the taxes are paid they'll give you a temporary (a little red square thing) that will go on your windshield. This is only good for 90 days, so you can drive to the CHP office for the VIN # and then drive to the BAR for the smog test. Did you get a windshield to put it on? ;) :D Sorry, I had to ask...I didn't get my windshield yet, sick hummor...anyway I not thinking of starting with DMV until 2006. :rolleyes:

[ December 14, 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Rip Van Winkle ]

·
2,203 Posts
Your kit does not have to be assembled to get your sequence number, but it does have to pass a brake and light inspection and be smogged before you can complete your registration. You will be required to present your MSO to get your sequence number. I'm not positive, but I believe you can trailer it down to CHP and get your VIN before it is together.

·
6,332 Posts
If you choose too, you can pay the fees, get your SPCN number, and stop there. Then go back later in your build when your ready to drive it and get your temporary. That way you don't have to wrestle with extensions on the temporary. I mention this because of the inconsistency among DMV personnel as to how long a temporary is good for and whether you can get extensions or not and/or how many. Just a heads up.
Frank

·
8,356 Posts
DMV wanted to see my MSO. I was in the same place last year that you are now; car delivered, no MSO, and had to get to DMV to get a SB100 number. When Tara gets back call, and tell her the problem: you need to have MSO to present Jan. 2 or you may nat get a number. They Fed Ex'd mine to me. They should be able to address your needs. Cover yourself and ask her to call you with the tracking number.

If that does not work, then try the way Frank said; many times it just depends on what DMV you are at and who you speak with.

·
Senior Charter Member
496 Posts
I received mine in the mail about a week after I received my kit. (a few weeks ago)

I didn't have to ask for it, so I assume they will probably send your soon if it's not already in the mail.

Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
I didn't get mine yet either. They said it came with the final invoice saying balance due = $0. Needless to say I didn't get mine or the metal tag. Now they want a noterized letter and $20, come on FFR, get with the program and don't nickel and dime me over something you didn't send me. Anyway, hopefully I'll have a good chat with them next time I call. I keep getting promised my BOed parts and they never come. Hmmmm......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.