Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you going yo try to buy it back?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
No I have too much work repairing my house. The longer the car sits the worse it gets. The water was about 1/2 way up on the windshield. Basically, I would have to take the car entirely apart and rebuild it from scratch.

I learned a lot building this one. If I wanted to build something again, I could do it faster, better and cheaper. With my insurance money, I might also find a restomod that I like and adapt it to my preferences.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Cars that go underwater are a mess. The easy part is cleaning the carpets and the seats. It is the electrical harness is the mess. Those plugs are designed to be water resistant, not water proof. Just a bit of water in the plugs and the wires start to corrode. I would replace the whole wiring harness. The engine and transmission can be removed, drained, inspected and should go back to running again. I do agree that would be easier and maybe cheaper to just to start over.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It looks like a quality build. There are going to be a lot of things that will have to be fix, or replaced to get this car back on the road. We have two kids under 16 that will need to learn how to wrench on a car before I will let them drive. I am going to try to bid on this car. If the price is right, this would be a great next summer project with the kids. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was outbid also and happy about it. It was very misleading to have the one picture on the door with a line and W on it. That really made it look like the water damage would be minimal. With the water 1/2 up the windshield, that motor, transmission and differential would all need to be taken apart and inspected. My guess is that there is still Sally water sitting in the motor since September. I wish the best to who ever bought it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I google a lite bit and found out about the car and always heard copart was misleading with their water marks. They probably think that's as far as it was as it said the buyer was in Kansas. I was just gonna go all out and bid but I didn't wanna get into basically redoing it all. Fees with the bid come around 23k without shipping. I just really liked the car and hope to eventually get one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I google a lite bit and found out about the car and always heard copart was misleading with their water marks. They probably think that's as far as it was as it said the buyer was in Kansas. I was just gonna go all out and bid but I didn't wanna get into basically redoing it all. Fees with the bid come around 23k without shipping. I just really liked the car and hope to eventually get one.
I followed this car and tried to buy but was outbid. It went for 20,100. Whats ur guys take on that price. Was curious.
I like to think that it was a quality build. I do think that 20K was a bit high considering all the work that would need to be done. Not only that but you will have a "flooded" title.

I am starting a new build with a little different route. I am building a 41 Willys coupe with an LS3 engine.

Lastly, it was a good thing that there was nobody around when they towed my 33 away. It isn't good to see a grown man cry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts