Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
April 29th 2017 Factory five Huntington Beach Cruise-In
If anyone from the bay area is going chime in.
What are you guys from northern & central CA planning?

This plan is not written in stone yet but here it is. If you got any other ideas put them up here.

1st cenerio::Leaving thursday from san jose area drive down 1/2 maybe down hwy 1 for nice pleasant drive and stop in San Luis obispo to spend the night or somewhere near there.

2nd senerio::Or head from san jose over to hwy 99 and head down 99 instead of hwy5 to bakerfield area and stay there. Then in the morning take hwy 58 to hwy 14 or 15 the bck way into la area.

3rd from san jose hwy 101 to hwy198 to hwy 33 to bakersfield. Then the backway into LA area as senerio #2.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, I'm in..

Not getting much response here huh? C'mon guys..if we're gonna get a good group together, we need to start our plans! Chime in..!!
Thanks for the initiative Freddie---

John Lipka

April 29th 2017 Factory five Huntington Beach Cruise-In
If anyone from the bay area is going chime in.
What are you guys from northern & central CA planning?

This plan is not written in stone yet but here it is. If you got any other ideas put them up here.

1st cenerio::Leaving thursday from san jose area drive down 1/2 maybe down hwy 1 for nice pleasant drive and stop in San Luis obispo to spend the night or somewhere near there.

2nd senerio::Or head from san jose over to hwy 99 and head down 99 instead of hwy5 to bakerfield area and stay there. Then in the morning take hwy 58 to hwy 14 or 15 the bck way into la area.

3rd from san jose hwy 101 to hwy198 to hwy 33 to bakersfield. Then the backway into LA area as senerio #2.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I finally manage to get my act together and firmed up my plans. I will be flying down on Thu. to take care of some family stuff and see you guys Sat. morning. Would love to get a ride back on the way home.

Are we doing a group dinner on Sat. night?

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
I've made plans to leave Sunnyvale by around 5:00PM to the Best Western in San Luis Obispo; it's about 3.5 hours and both me and Melinda will be working a full day so we're just going to hit the road as soon as we're both home (approx. 4:30 or 5:00).
If others are going to be in SLO Friday morning, we could do breakfast together and take off from there as a group.

Melinda cannot handle the twisties so 'our' plan is really just 101 -> 405 to Huntington Beach with a lunch stop somewhere, check into the Huntington Beach Inn around 2:00 or 3:00. Then head down to Dave Hodgkin's for the party!!!

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
I'm driving down Friday as well. Not sure what time we are leaving yet. See you guys there!

Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm planning on going, it sounds cool to meet a few more people and ride down, but I'm also considering flying down just for the day. I'm in the east bay.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Ok, change in plans. I was checking around Best Western beyond SLO and the BW near Pismo Beach turned out less expensive to the tune of about $40 less per night.

We decided it was worth the extra 16 miles to drive to Pismo as I'm stopping there in both directions. I've come to accept I cannot drive the full 400+ mile in one shot so that's where I'll be staying for 1 night, in each direction. It makes for a less stressful weekend for the both of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts