Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone from the bay area is going chime in.
What are you guys from northern & central CA planning?

This plan is not written in stone yet but here it is. If you got any other ideas put them up here.

1st cenerio::Leaving thursday from san jose area drive down 1/2 maybe down hwy 1 for nice pleasant drive and stop in San Luis obispo to spend the night or somewhere near there.

2nd senerio::Or head from san jose over to hwy 99 and head down 99 instead of hwy5 to bakerfield area and stay there. Then in the morning take hwy 58 to hwy 14 or 15 the bck way into la area.

3rd from san jose hwy 101 to hwy198 to hwy 33 to bakersfield. Then the backway into LA area as senerio #2.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'd love to join you but I'm going to be traveling out of the country. I'm surprised no one has responded to your post. Actually this forum hasn't been very active for the past few months.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Freddie..I'm coming back on 3/24, and I plan on going, but I'll let you guys get every7thing set up and just tag along. I don't even know where I'll be living when I return, so I've got bigger fish to fry. I'm sure It'll all work out and I trust your judgement,..don't have any plans in the way.
By the way, I'm in the market for a used motorhome, preferably a diesel pusher, Class A, but open to other ideas, if anyone has one or knows of one. Planning on living in it on my land while I'm building.
John Lipka
currently in Montevideo, Uruguay.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Freddie

I am working on getting Friday off and traveling down for the show. Sorry it will not be a Thursday like last year.

Hope to see you at the show....
Can't even do a 3hr drive and motel on Thursday night? just an idea..
John

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So here is plan so far.
Meet up at the 76 gas station at Camden ave & S. Bascom in San Jose at 9am.
Fill up there then on to Hwy 85 south to 101 south
101 to hwy 68 to hwy 1 leisurely drive down the coast.
Thinking of stopping at Avila Beach for a little soak in the natural mineral hot springs
Then on the Santa Maria staying at Quality Inn & Suites 210 Nicholson Ave, Santa Maria, CA 93454 (805) 922-5891
ask for the rooms with the parking lot view next to me.
In the morning take hwy 166 to New Cuyama stop for gas then to Hwy 33 south to Oaji and Ventura then to Hunington Beach.

Any input or thought let me know.

Freddie

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Freddie..do you realize thats 7 1/2 hrs driving time without any stops..or slowdowns, or RV's to get stuck behind? Thats a hell of a days driving..realistically..we're talking 9 hours..
John

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John on my goggle maps it shows 4 1/5 hours to Avila Beach & 30min to Santa Maria. And that's at the posted speed limit. When was the last time you drove with me and we were at posted speed limit???

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ridiculous..this time I ran it on Google maps and it came up 4-55min. Ok, I'm in, but we'll be lucky to get the posted limit down there in RV-land. However, I have a newfound respect for those drivers lately.
Instead of cutting over on 68, why not just meet in Los Gatos and take 17 to 1..?
How many of us are there?
John

OK..I'm booked at the hotel on Thursday.. Where are you guys staying on Friday and Saturday?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi David..I'll be there for the BBQ, but not the drive..trying to talk the other two into it as well..Freddie may have another commitment, and haven't had a chance to speak with anyone else yet..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ok, I have my hotel room reserved for Santa Maria, and I do plan to attend the BBQ.

So far I only have 300 miles on the car, so it should make for an exciting trip. Not to mention the fuel stops every 100 miles to sustain that carbon footprint.

I'm all for meeting up in Los Gatos for breakfast or coffee, and taking 17 to Hwy 1 in the morning.
But if you want to take 85 south, you could just stop by my place - I'm on the way and have hot coffee.

As for Friday night, I think I may be staying with the inlaws near Santa Ana.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts