Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
8,127 Posts
I dug these oldie but goodies up from 10-12 years ago. This is when I swapped the full bar for the single hoop. Later, you can see I am solo and changed the seats to Kirkey and DOTR rubber.

View attachment 356997

Now the car is top 5 fastest in the entire paddock.
Hey, I recognize that roll hoop. (y) The down legs do go through the same holes as the single roll hoops do. Very convenient.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,889 Posts
Anyway, I hope you don’t read this and think I’m some insolent prick that just won’t listen to what you’re saying. I really do appreciate your advice, and I will follow most of it...I just think you misinterpreted what I was trying to lay out as my reasoning for the path that I am currently on.
Absolutely not! No offence taken at all! It sounds like you have a good solid plan. I WAS ABSOLUTELY intending to make sure that the first time you get a Cobra on the track, or the street for that matter, you have a few extra butterflies in your belly. Especially when you said you have driven plenty of high performance street cars. Plenty of guys have driven Mustangs, Corvettes, Challengers, etc and try to drive a Cobra the same way and end up with a tragedy. A local one with passenger injuries happened just last weekend.

Its all good discussion, and I'm not Lewis Hamilton last time I looked.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts