Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got signed up for the forum and thought I would say hello. I picked up my kit on Jan. 27 and just put it on all four wheels yesterday. I am building up the engine now and should have it in the car in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I have to do some job-specific training and will be out of town for all of April,June and the first part of July so that will cramp my style just a bit. Shooting for a August go-kart and September paint job. Anyway, thanks in advance for the million dumb questions I am bound to ask! Scott

·
Charter Member
1,765 Posts
Scott
Welcome to the forum. You will be amazed by the depth of imformation available on this forum, and it's fun too. Enjoy the build. Scott

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
As Scott said, "Welcome". We like to see new members. When enough people develope the same obsessions and delusions, it becomes "normal". Who knows, if more new people show up, I might actually be normal some day!

Have you read through the FAQ's yet? Before I purchased my kit, I spent hours reading and re-reading them. Some are old information, and some are confusing (to me). But it's very valid information and will give you a leg up on all your questions before they even become questions. Sometime, it makes you think of questions you hadn't thought of before. In any case, they are extremly valuable, and I find myself going back to them often.

Are you familier with the "Search" function? Top of the page, right hand side. If I have a question, I can often find 20 answers in a few seconds by doing a quick search.

When those two areas fail - which isn't often - feel free to ask in whatever forum is appropriate. There's no sense in re-inventing the wheel. It's probably come up before, and somebody usually knows the answer. Not always, but usually.

Also, when you find an answer you havn't read about, please post it here. Inquireing minds want to know.

Wow, that was long winded. All I really meant to say was "Welcome". I guess it's time for me to shut up and go to bed.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Scott:
Welcome to the FFCars Forum and the builder's club. Just post any question you need answered and someone will surely provide you with an answer. Can relate to your pain about being away from the car for long stretches at a time and not being able to work on it. Just hang in there, have fun and enjoy the build.

Allan

·
Charter Member
1,102 Posts
Welcome to the club. This is a great bunch of people just wanting to help each other fulfill their dream of building a Cobra. These cars are awsome, and their is a bounty of information available here. Just ask. Enjoy your build and we hope to here from you often.
Robert

·
15,282 Posts
Hello from a fellow newbie to the forum -- I've only got about 25 posts or so here myself. This place is an UNBELIEVABLE resource. You're ahead of me, since you've got a kit with your name on it. I'll be ordering soon, I hope, and I've already picked up boatloads of knowledge, tips, tricks, and suggestions. Careful, though, you can easily start spending a really unhealthy amount of time here.

People here are incredibly helpful and really know their stuff about these cars. So far I've only been called "annoying" by one guy, and I think he was off-base.

Sorry you'll be traveling, but keep us posted on your build. Good luck!

John

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Howdy Scott,

Welcome to the forum!

You cannot use the word HOWDY in your greetings because I have it copyrighted. Not really, I just start all my post w/ the greeting HOWDY . Not just on this forum, but all of the forums that I visit, plus e-mail, etc.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Paul

·
Orbiting FFCobra.com
778 Posts
Hi Scott,

What are the specs on your Roadster? What kind of engine, tranny and rear end are you going with? If you want to attempt to drive in the summer, you might think about a build party to assist a bit.

Just a thought.

Welcome!

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.