Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FFR supplied indicator lights for the hi beams, charge, and turn signal seem to be designed to be a press fit in the dash.
With the wiring dragging down the back of mine I don't think that they're going to stay put.
I was thinking of threading a thin jamb nut or something down over the plastic housing to hold them in place but they're a little bigger than 1/2" and I can't find anything a good fit.
Anybody come up with a good solution?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Route the wiring so that it is not pulling up, down or side-to-side on the light assemblies. Put a blob of high strength RTV silicon around the base of each light.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again, Paul.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,996 Posts
I put hose clamps on mine, they hold tight and are very easily removable if I ever want to take out the lights.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,996 Posts
If you have an ACE Hardware store or other that has the hardware bins, you should be able to get spring clips. They are made from spring steel and have 2 tabs that are bent slightly. You just run the wires through the center and push the clips over the back of the light. They are a pain to take off is the only down side.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric;
I think I know what style you're talking about but didn't know they came that big. I'll check. You're right, it'll be a pain if I ever have to take it out.

Kim;
I hadn't thought of tubing. I've been using rubber O rings up to now; but unless I glue them in they'll work loose. A piece of 1/2" thick wall tubing might work pretty good.

Thanks for all the ideas,

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surfing through the Lowe's blue bolts, nuts, & etc bins tonight, I found a 5/8" E-Clip that snaps over the light housings.
It is a tight fit and a couple of small dots of epoxy or silicone should keep it from vibrating loose.
Thanks for all the input, guys,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.