Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to modify clutch pedal...it is currently to close and has alot of slack...should I cut of part of the pedal and weld a new piece on the end...I want to make it so that it lines up with the brake and gas pedal...thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
I made my clutch pedal line up with the brake by making a spacer out of a piece of aluminum and putting it on the clutch lever return stop so that the pedal would not cone back as far when released. This will require an adjustable quadrant such as Mike Forte's to fine-tune it so that it releases fully with the reduced travel, but it works great.

This is a top view of the pedal box that shows the spacer next to the red quadrant, secured with 2 screws to the return stop arm.

I'm sure that you could do the same thing by modifying the pedal, but this is an easy solution.

Forrest

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
We took ours to the machine shop (I wanted it closer to my left foot (me - vertically challanged). We cut a the vertical part in half, added a small 3/4" bar between the two pieces, welded them together, finished it so it looks ok and it works like a champ. Seems like Forrest's idea may be easier.

Frank n Sons.

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys...

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Most times the pedal is too close and folks want to move it away to line up with the brake. Gordon Levy modified mine by cutting a triangle segment out and welding it back. this moved the pedal away nicely. Post a Ques in his forum for details
TEC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts