Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using toggles for everything (7 of them). Has anyone got a good way to label switches with the padded material provided by FFR? I saw someone who used SS fender washers to keep from puckering the vinyl - I think it looked good and I could print some nice labels and stick them in place. I’ve also seen someone’s console that had a plate over the vinyl with labeled switches. Any other ideas?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I saw someone with clear lables on the switches...but that would be if you had the aircraft style covered ones.

·
Junior Charter Member
106 Posts
I went to a trophy shop and had a plastic panel engraved with the info that I laid out on the computer. Drilled holes for the swithches to mount through and used the shitch nuts to hold it on. It was cheap and it can be changed if my needs change. The white letters on a black backgound come very close to the lettering on my vdo's.
Derald.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
The local marine hardware shop has little polished stainless plates with things like FAN FUEL, LIGHTS and stuff. They were designed as toggle lables so thay are the right size. I don't know if they would have exactly what you want but you might check West Marine online.

·
7,718 Posts
I'm using colored toggles. Green for the fuel pump, red for the fan, amber (yellow) for the hazards and blue for the high beam.

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts