Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one go about figuring out what wheels/tires will best fit on their car?

I have the spindles and hubs already, but bought them as a full non-donor package and didn't get any parts list with anything indicating what the parts actually are. The FFR site lists Halibrand wheels, for example, for three different setups (87-93, 94-98, 99+) I've searched the archives and can't figure out how to tell what I have.

Is there any easy way to know what I have? And given that information, are there any tables anyone has put together to indicate what offset/backspacing works with various setups?

If it matters, I've got a standard-width IRS setup with the FFR tubular lower control arms in the front, and the 13" Cobra brakes in the front (SN-95 I'm pretty sure, how can I tell?) and 10.5" IRS rear setup.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Call or Email Richard At North Racecars. If you have a 13" Rotor and the sealed non greasable bearings you are using sn 95 Parts Now you just need to find out what year. Bob

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,740 Posts
If you just lay the wheels down w/ the outside down you can measure them for BS.Get a stick and lay it across the wheel,then measure down to the mounting surface.If tires are already mounted you may need to cut the stick to appropriate length so the tire bulge doesn't interfere.
SN95 rotors are a seperate part from the hub,they just slide off the wheel studs.There is a difference from the 94&95 to the 96 and later(all referred to as SN95) of something like a quarter inch per side of track width.Hopefully someone will chime in w/ how to tell which you have!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.