Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install seat heaters in my factory five standard seats...I see that they use staples to hold the bottom part of the seat back...What is the best way to install seat heaters...where would I get staples to restaple seat back and how do you hold the seat heaters in place...thanks alot..later...

·
Charter Member
264 Posts
This doesn't exactly answer your question, but by strange coincidence I was reading the March issue of Popular Mechanics (yes, really...
), and I came across this:

http://www.rostra.com/seat-heater.htm

What you really need is someone with upholstry experience. Should be do-able, I'd think. You're not the first to ask about this. I seem to recall Ralph Button trying to get this all figured out last year...

Hope this helps.

Ben

·
Charter Member
503 Posts
Try a search useing "Olli" / seat heaters. I've seen Olli's car which has them installed. I think they are $150 ( single temp.) plus the installation charge. Very nice setup - a heated butt and back what more could you ask for. Chris

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Good luck,the staples don't go through the fiberglass well at all,I had an upholstery shop install mine.

I made seat platforms for a place to put the controler unit in.

[ December 25, 2002, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: ACE ]

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys....I already have a set of seat heaters out of a 1998 subaru outback and all the wiring...all I need to do is to install the heaters in the seats and hook up the wiring...I would really appreciate more information from anyone on how to install the heated elments in the seats.... thanks alot...later....

·
Senior Charter Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys....I already have a set of seat heaters out of a 1998 subaru outback and all the wiring...all I need to do is to install the heaters in the seats and hook up the wiring...I would really appreciate more information from anyone on how to install the heated elements in the seats.... thanks alot...later....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts