Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i was going to get started this fall on the bodywork finish and paint but work got slow since the first of Oct. maybe about 40hrs of work since then.
friday had a meeting with my PM and we will be starting a 150 day project on a parking garage this starts mid Jan. 2013
now how do i get out of the FUNK of not wanting to work on this car, got work in the near future but $$ signs slow me down.

actually thought of having the painting done but really want to do all of the car myself..........what to do?

· Not a waxer
12,099 Posts
Baby steps buddy!

I can't remember if you've done anything to the body other than trimming the panels enough to get them moveable. If you haven't started yet and already have the basic tools you can go a long way on pretty short money... a couple hundred bucks will get you going with wax remover/degreaser, a gallon of Rage gold and a good supply of papers. Afterwards another hundred and a half or so will get you covered in Slick Sand or Featherfill. Now, the cost of the beer you'll consume during the bodywork process---that's a different story :beer: :money:

Jeff

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
body has already been fitted, just a bit more tweekin, damn bondo gets me a quakin head-ache and those solvents over the years just push me away from being around them, too many years of suckin dust,sawdust and fumes sometimes you just want to let someone else eat it, i get breathin heavy with a respirator on, and of course it screws up drinkin a cold one:shifty:beer is always in my budget....the 3 nescesities of life coffee, water, and beer.

its ready to be sanded again and grease and wax removal again then black primer/sealer.

just yanking all the parts off again:001_rolleyes:to fill and sand bores me.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked time and money and they both said the other is a myth because they're never around at the same time.
HOW TRUE,
NEED TO GET THIS CAR DONE BEFORE THE WIFE WANTS ANOTHER new KITCHEN.....................CHA.CHING$$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.