Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...I've added up a few different set ups and it's pricey either way....The Isquared solution dosen't seem outta line.
So what did you do?...I'm doing EFI BTW

[ November 18, 2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: quicksand ]

·
Premium Member
18,449 Posts
Most of us did old donor wiring diets. we did not have the I-Squared option until now.

I also added a hidden electrobic turn signal at over $200 which may be part of the FFR kit from I-Squared. need more specs on that system.

·
Senior Charter Member
4,270 Posts
Get a Helms for the year of your car...or another good wiring diagram. Ditch all the EFI wiring except for the computer, computer harness and engine harness. Save and clip off if nessesary any plugs that you might need (neutral safety etc...) and wire the rest yourself. Cost is wire, fuse block, heatshrink, loom and some wire nuts for testing your connections before soldering. Cost, using your donor stuff is under $100.00, and it is custom run just how YOU want it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Quicksand, The beauty of doing the wire diet yourself is that you will know every wire and circuit in the car. This is invaluable in knowing and troublshooting any problems. I'm really glad I did it myself. Bear in mind you must have some basic electrical capability. Good luck, Randy Richards

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offense G4AV8R, but same holds true for wireing completely from scratch....but is a wire diet worth it?..i mean, that's a lot of hours to have 12-20 yr old wireing.
i am starting w/a clean slate, I have nothing and I know my way around so I don't want to relearn what i already know or punish myself with a home wire diet ...the PITA ain't worth it to me.... sub it out and there is 5 bills after i pay 2 bills for the decade old wiring harness

·
850 Posts
Larry,

Here is the break down of how the turn signals can work. There are 3 different options that the 1+1 system can manage. I also wanted to mention that the entire system can be programmed (by us) to any custom configuration and function that someone can dream-up. For example, the Automatic Starter Lockout, or the timed Headlight shutdown is all software.

If you guys can dream it, we can make it real for you...

* Integrated Smart-Flash™ self canceling or traditional turn signals

Our Smart-Flash™ system allows for (1) externally self-canceling (2) externally non canceling and (3) internally self-canceling turn signals. If the installer elects the self-cancel option, our microcontroller will initiate the turn signals based on the selection of left or right turn and the (on/off) application of the brake pedal. Initial application of the turn signal will initiate a 20 second “ON/OFF” cycle for the blinkers. If no brake has been applied during that time the flash will automatically stop. If at any time during that 20-second cycle the brake is applied, the time will be extended for 20 additional seconds. At a stoplight the blinkers will continue to flash as long as the brakes are applied. Release the brake pedal; the signal will turn off automatically after 20 seconds. Re-apply the brake and the blinker will again indicate a 20 second flash cycle. On a manual turn switch, the switch must be turned off to fully cancel the turn sequence. External self-canceling turn signals flash as expected. Smart-Flash also includes 4-WAY flashers controlled by a single input to the Master Controller. A Piezo speaker is used in place of the normal “click” flasher and can be heard under most conditions, even with side-pipes

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts