Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the Grand National Master and was wondering how much I shold open up the holes to bolt it on? I take it that the fluid tank should sit level. so that means I am going to have to make the outside hole much longer downwards to get it to sit level and fit. Any thoughts? Any pictures? I checked the FAQ, and also did a search. One person said they had to oval the holes, but not how much.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
To get the hole opening easily just use one of the FFR supplied spacers to make sure a bolt will pass through both openings. You will only need to take out about an eight of an inch or so.
As for the fluid tank it will not sit even and opening the holes will not change things it will tilt towards the back and leak if you top it off. My guess is that the mount on the GN has a slight angle that the FFR doesn't have also if it sits flat I think you'll run into pushrod clearance issues. That said I'm sure someone out there has been able to sit their's flat and think's I'm nuts.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You got it to sit flat, or you had to really make the hole on the outside edge longer?

Thanks,
Nathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.