Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to receiving your kit, while making changes, parts info, tech info, etc. How many times did you call?
I know I did quite a few probably around 15 easy. If I was to order a 2nd kit the number would probably be far less. I'm curious to see how many calls the get with all the changes and such. It's got to be a nightmare...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
Zero. I bought my kit through a distributor/builder (Whitby Motorcars) for the same price as a direct order through FFR. In my opinion this is the only way to go. Whenever I read all the posts about calls, backorders, etc. I'm convinced that I had none of those issues because of the decision to go through a distributor. Whitby was very accomodating. They supplied replacement donor parts if mine were unacceptable and they could supply parts out of their inventory and replace later with my backordered parts when they came in although I never had to excercise this option. My backorders all came in before I needed them. They were even willing to pull parts off their demo car if I needed something they didn't have in stock.

Even now that my car is done, if I want to do an upgrade I order the parts through Whitby.

My build was a very satisfying experience and I never experienced some of the frustrations you guys are expressing over customer service from FFR because to this day, I haven't had the need to call FFR.

·
Super Moderator
29,468 Posts
Twice before the kit shipped. Three times after it was delivered to talk with Joe.

-Keith

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Prior to delivery I saw the FFR ad in Super Ford. I reread the ad with a cold one in hand, popped another and called to order the kit, please include a heater.

ONE call.

They called me back with a shipping date and tracking number.

I could barely sleep until it arrived. All the donor parts were clean when the kit arrived. I didn't realize there were a few backorders until I found boxes on the front porch.

My advice to those worried about backorders is to do your own wiring harness. Heh Heh! It will take your mind off of trivial things.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Let me get this straight. You can get the kit from Whitby for the same price as from FFR? (I know I sound like a parrot)

What is in it for him? If this is correct, I'll go that route as well. That would be much less of a drive to pick the kit up myself

Thanks

·
6,559 Posts
Whitby and other authorized dealers get the kits at discounts and live off the margin they make between the discounted price and MSRP. YOU get the benefit of having the dealer follow-up on any open issues and the dealer would most likely get priority on back ordered parts so they SHOULD arrive quicker. Good deal for everyone.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
So I guess Gordon would get the same deal huh? He would be even closer to me than NC. Anyone know of a dealer closer to Texas than that?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like I'll have to accept the fact that I'm the only PITA that called multiple times prior to delivery... :confused:
Nobody else???

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Originally posted by Keith:
Looks like I'll have to accept the fact that I'm the only PITA ... :confused:
Nobody else???
You are definitely NOT the only PITA....

Oh sorry, didn't read the part about the 10 calls...
Maybe you are ;)
Hey Keith - Did you ever get the Chevy Install Support line? Maybe it was out that day<G>..

I'm just 'funin 'ya :cool: I 'wanna see that Bowtie motor/Install

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
My advice to those worried about backorders is to do your own wiring harness. Heh Heh! It will take your mind off of trivial things.
Roger, you crack me up!! I nearly fell off my chair laughing! :D :D :D

Forrest

·
Senior Charter Member
202 Posts
I called several times too. I was nervous about this thing and changed some options. They were great. Then my debit card would not allow such a large purchase so I had to change that too. All of my dealings with FFR have been positive.

I have begun to get my harness straight. It has been really easy once I mailed it to Roger. :D I almost felt like a monster that had been lurking under my bench had been excised from my garage.

Dave

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Let's see.

Called to set up factory tour. 1
Called to order kit. 2
Called to add cats and hood hinge. 3
picked up kit
Called when I could not find bolts (that I was looking in the wrong bag for) 4
Called for a mis-drilled steering wheel boss 5
talked to Dave in person at NHIS to let him know that the aluminum body is mine. MINE!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts