Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the 12.5 turn coils and i am awaiting new shocks, springs, and adjusting collars.

with Fox lower control arms, i had about 4 threads showing for 4" front ride height.

is the new setup the same? how many threads to the locking collar should i start with?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Stick with what you have and go from there. The new coils have a smaller diameter wire and less turns. They are the same pound rating and the ride height remains very close to the old springs.

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Did you get replacement springs for the Bilsteins or did you go with the Koni's? I went with the Koni's and my old settings weren't even close, but I didn't expect them to either. If you are still using the Bilsteins then your settings should be fairly close, you may have to make some minor adjustments to get your ride height set.
Lile

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,314 Posts
I'd start w/ the spring collars set so the springs have just a little bit of freeplay at full droop and go from there.Just keep both sides the same as far as thread count from the end.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uponashelf

i had the Bilstein's, i imagine they replace apples with apples. i never knew they offer Koni's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts