1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You, my friend, need help. 0-60 in 4.0 flat or less isn't good enough, huh? I want a ride when you get it back together!

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Which heads are you changing to?? I read the AFRs add 60-70 right out of the box over the stock E7 heads. I think you should gain around 20-30hp just on the head change if you are using trick flow or AFR heads to replace the GT40s. Send me your cam numbers and i will run the flow numbers and cam specs on my dyno program.

·
Charter Member
6,152 Posts
i think 40-50 crank hp. THe peak power will be further along in the rev range also. It depends on what chamber size it is, 58 cc = 9.6 to 1. The Z-cam might clear with stock pistons. My engine pistons did not have valve reliefs. I have an X-cam with gt40P iron heads and the valve to piston clearance is very close. Just something to think about.
My engine makes 300 hp with the stuff below. You cant loose by making an engine breath better!
cobrastang, what power are you making with the afr's?

trevor

·
6,559 Posts
You're most likely looking at around 400hp at the crank with that setup. Just right.

Your mind set on that Demon 750? That combo seems better suited for a 650 and the BG carbs tend to flow better than most. I guess it depends on how often you live at 3000+ rpm but I made the same choice at first and found the 650 worked much better. 95% of my time is spent below 3500 rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts