Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Including the one Carrol happened to find frames for 20 years later? How about the Paramount cars? Didn't Shelby also do a couple in the 70's? We'll see if we can get two responses on the exact count to agree.

·
Charter Member
3,866 Posts
This was discussed over on CC awhile back.
There were around 113 original CSX3??? 427sc w/427 engines made.
There were alot of 427 roadsters converted over to 427sc and 427sc w/428.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Per the car source.com:

260 Cobras 75
289 Cobras 580
1965-67 427 & 428 Cobras 348

Total production: 1003

JQ

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was talking to a mechanic last night who said he was working on a Panterra(Spelling?)
Made inthe 70's with a ford engine, is this corrct? I wondered what this mid engine car looked like.

·
FFCobra Captain
3,440 Posts
Right click and "Save As" -

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/fish/Pantera_Burnout.mpg

Someone having fun in a Pantera :eek:

Plenty of info:

http://www.panteracars.com/

Stunning car in its original shape, got steadily heavier and gained unfortunate aerodynamic add-ons (a la Countach). Simple components (Ford) but hideously rust prone :(

btw: How many Cobras ? 6 replies - 6 different answers. The truth is out there (possibly...)

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
How many Cobras ? 6 replies - 6 different answers. The truth is out there (possibly...)

Judging by current demand? Not nearly enough. :D

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by UKCoupe:
260s and 289s - 651
427/8 - 401
Daytona Coupes - 6
Willment Coupe - 1
AC98 Coupe - 1
Hmmmm... It wouldn't be all that hard to convert an FFR coupe into a "replica" of the Willment. Windshield looks like the biggest hurdle. What do you think, UK?

·
FFCobra Captain
3,440 Posts
Originally posted by Oldguy668:
It wouldn't be all that hard to convert an FFR coupe into a "replica" of the Willment. Windshield looks like the biggest hurdle. What do you think, UK?
I think I have enough work ahead of me !! There would need to be a different windscreen (It looks a lot like a Triumph item to me) and a considerable amount of work to the rear end

Given unlimited funds, I think this would be my choice of coupe:

the AC98, AC Cars' own coupe - which, in '64, achieved 185mph on public roads :eek:

·
Senior Charter Member
391 Posts
according to SAAC, the number of Cobra chassis' produced back in the 60's are:

655, broken down in 27 different catagories of leaf spring Cobra's(includes the Willment coupe, the Daytona's, the Mercer Cobra, the Flip Top 427 prototype, USRRC, FIA and such)

348, broken down in 8 different catagories of coil spring Cobra's, (includes the Daytona Super, Paramount, S/C's, competion cars and such).

1003 total

sometimes also counted
8 King Cobra/Cooper Monaco's
3 King Cobra/Len Terry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts