Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 year totals, anyone know? It would be interesting to hear the breakdown between Spec, Roadster, Daytona, Spyder and GTM.
Doug

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
I know the Daytona Spyder is under 65 sold.. The only reason i know this, is because when i ordered my MKIII. They said I could get the spyder at almost the same price. I guess they were running a sale for the first 75 sold. It didnt take off like FFR thought it would. Markey is right. the average is 15 a week !

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Went to the Factory this weekend and was told by Dave that the average is 20 per week.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,435 Posts
20 kits sold per week and less than 100 Class of 2005 graduates!? Either there is a huge number of unfinished kits just sitting in garages out there, or less than 10% of FFR owners frequent the forum. I guess that could be right?...
-Mike

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
this forum isn't advertised anywhere in the factoryfive.com website or the promo DVD.

i'm sure most customers have no idea this site exists...or probably just don't care. lets remember that the internet probably hasn't saturated into most demographics that may buy an FFR.

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
This site IS on both the factoryfive site. ( link on the bottom left of the home page. And the newest DVD people talk about the support forums.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I built my kit without the knowledge of this site. I finished my kit last Oct and I found the forum this Sep. You would think FFR would tell everyone about this site so they wouldnt have to answer so many tech phone calls.

·
Junior Charter Member
478 Posts
Maybe they don't promote this forum too much because it leads to phone calls such as "where are my rear axle straps" and "why can't you guys get your nuts and bolts straight".

I'm glad I found the forum, it's probably cost me $3,000 in options but I can easily imagine the build taking me twice as long.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this site is geared towards the non-donor crowd and higher end builds. People who do a straight donor build might not be interested in using the forum as much as others. They can stick more or less to the build manual. Just my .02

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Caprichio, Dave Smith always exagerates...what does he know anyway!

Only joking...I actually think Dave does an incredible way of staying in touch with his customers.

·
246 Posts
It would not surprise me if 10% or less were on this forum. Based on statistics I've seen for other car forums, its very unlikely this site captures more than 10-15% of owner/builders.

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,435 Posts
I wonder if Bill has done any studies or has any statistics on this forum's usage. 10% I guess doesn't surprise me either.

I also doubt that this forum is geared towards the non-donor higher end builds... However, I DO think this forum has helped to raise the bar of what an "average" FFR build is. There are enough little tips and tricks learned on this forum that has really helped me to do a lot of things on my car that I wouldn't have done otherwise (with just the FFR manual for example)...

-Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
119 Posts
I'm sure there are people like me who have finished but did not graduate.

I'm titled, inspected, and driving for 1/2 year or more,

I guess I got my G.E.D.

Gratifing Extreme Driving.......

·
Junior Charter Member
356 Posts
Roadster-324
Spec Racer-47
Daytona Coupe-143
Daytona Spyder-122
GTM-195
289 FIA Cobra-1
I can't comment as the other numbers, but I don't believe that FFR has built 195 GTM kits this year.

This may the number of deposits they have, but even that seems high- just recently they were said to have "sold" almost 80. I think the use of the word "sold" here means they have a contract for them, but not "sold" in the sense of revenue recognition- that they have actually delivered them, completely, to a customer.

I don't even know of any GTM kit that was shipped with the doors yet (i've only seen two GTM kits, but no one has posted pics of any doors in the forums, either).

Can you share with us the source of those numbers?

It would be great for FFR to have deposits for 195 GTMs- surely that would make it a VERY successful launch, possibly better than any kit car I can think of so far (by that I mean almost 200 orders for a car model that still doesn't have a single customer one running yet).

-Will

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I am not done either, but have over 5000 miles with title and tags a year and a half ago. Got it painted this fall (Thanks NCPainter) - and still need some carpet and other finishing touches.

But they will all have to wait till some time when I am not driving :D

·
18,090 Posts
Dave who? There used to be a guy named Dave that stopped by here from time to time!

((Merry Christmas Dave))

As far as FFR advertising this site - you need to watch the latest FFR DVD. It shows the ffcars.com screen on a computer and mentions the great peer support forum..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts