Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so let's just get down to the nitty gritty. I'm, realistically, about 4-5 years out from building my FFR, due mostly to time and space constraints. That said, I'm just wondering how early is too early to start some of the planning and prep? I figure over the next couple years, I could start stockpiling some of the tools that I'll want, such as a compressor & attachments, a decent craftsman set, etc., and then start looking for a good donor that could even act as a driver in the mean time. Any thoughts? How early did some of you start planning your cars? Also, I've noticed there are a few people who are in my area (Ventura County, Ca.) who either have completed cars or are working on them. Would anyone mind an occasional spectator/extra pair of hands? I'd really like to see what I'd potentially be getting into. Thanks!

PW

·
7,097 Posts
3:00 AM is too early! :D

·
Charter Member
69 Posts
PW
I'm only 19 so I may not be the best source here but I started buying tools a year ago and recently purchased my donor. I drove it around for a while and have started to take it apart. I am probably a year or two away from purchasing the kit due to money and time issues. The bottom line is...You can stretch the teardown and build process as long as you want. One thing I did find out though: The mustang comes apart a lot faster than I ever thought. Good luck with your build and check the forums a lot before you do anything. There is a lot of info here that will save you time and money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts