Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Stant gas cap with the retractable center hole. This does not work with my filler tube because the gas pump cannot align both the Stant cap hole (centered) and the baffle hole (offset). I'd like to remove the baffle in the filler neck but figured I'd ask here first how it is done (Sawzall? chisel? pliers?). Also, any downside to removing the baffle?

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Had the same problem.
Took it out of the car and went strait down with a hole saw. Thinking 1-3/4" worked.
Only down side so far is when the tank is full, you may get a little spash-back when it shuts off.I keep a rag over it to catch splash.

·
7,716 Posts
I drilled mine out by drilling a serious of small holes then knocking out the remainder. Haven't had any trouble yet.

Ray

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
I did the same as convincer - used a hole saw and a 1/2" drill motor.

Since it was already in the car, I didn't want to waste a lot of time taking it all apart for this simple job.

I removed the hose from the end closest to the tank. I blocked off the fuel tank with a rubber glove and some duct tape. I sprayed the inside of the filler neck with Simple Green, and flushed thouroughly with water. I drilled out the center piece (took about 30 seconds) and then flushed it out again. When it was dry, I put it back together. Easy as cake, piece of pie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts