Factory Five Racing Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
That's perfect. Thanks, Naga and dv/dt.

dv/dt;

Would it work to put the sensor switch in parallel with the Lucas fan switch to activate the FFR supplied relay?

lperry - I think I did what you're talking about. I'm electrically-challenged so I can't talk in terms of "parallel" and "series". But I ran the output wire from the thermostat to pin 85 on the relay. My thought was that either the switch or the thermo would then activate the relay. Is this what you're talking about?

I haven't tested my approach yet. I have tested the switch part of it but I'm holding off on mounting the thermostat until I'm far enough along where I won't bump into it and break it. It seems a little fragile.

Lawrence,
The answer to your question is, "yes."

In your design, you're using the thermostat (as well as the toggle switch)to close the relay and let power flow thru it to the fan.

The only fly in the oinyment would be if your thermostat requires more amperage to work than can safely flow thru the FFR relay's coil. If your thermostat doesn't draw more than 5 amps, you're safe. Above that you're going experimental. Either call FFR to find out what the "coil" side of the relay is rated at or replace it with one you know is equal to or better than the thermo's current draw.
Don't confuse "rating" and "draw." Your thermo might be rated for 20 amps but only draw 2.

HTH,

d.

dv/dt,
How'd you do that? That's the same URL I
tried to use for that picture. You click on images right? And then put in your piccy's URL. It never works for me.
All I ever get is the little white box with the red dot! :mad:

d

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.