Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject line says it all.

The forum seems to have morphed into an ad attack.

Although these are not pop-ups, and of course I understand that the sponsers must be supported,these intrusions are offensive.

I'm so irritated that I'll participate in the forum less because of the distraction and specifically avoid the venders with the offensive adds.

Is there a way to turn them off?

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
easy:

in Internet Explorer:

go to Tools->Internet Options->click the ADVANCED tab->scroll down until you see MULTIMEDIA then unselect "Play Animations in webpages"-> click APPLY !

and that's it !

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
J. Salmon
189 Posts
You have a spyware infestation that is local to your machine. Try a reputable antispyware program such as lavasoft's adaware. There is a free version that works pretty well, but you may need bigger firepower. www.lavasoftusa.com

Good luck...

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sergio. thanks.

I tried it. I get a message that says that "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

what the hell is all that about?!

I don't have a system adminstrator!

I'm the only one who uses this computer.

signed, bob-the dinasour-only marginally cyber-literate-lennon.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
916 Posts
Originally posted by FFCars4Me:
easy:

in Internet Explorer:

go to Tools->Internet Options->click the ADVANCED tab->scroll down until you see MULTIMEDIA then unselect "Play Animations in webpages"-> click APPLY !

and that's it !

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles
It works! thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Not Dreaming,

He's just seeing the banners that are supposed to be on the page here but like me, finds it distracting.

You're right in suggesting that he may have spyware, most people do to some extent.

That's not what is causing this particular grief though.

my $.02USD

Sergio,

Thanks for the hint. It works great.

-Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.