Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what year it was put on, but the steel lines that run over the intake manifold
for the heater hoses has a small nipple on it I would think for supplying coolant to the EGR.
I put a vacuum cap on it since I don't need the EGR option, How did you who also had this cap it off? mine has popped 2 times. I am trying to avoid having to remove and braze it shut thanks

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
replace with rubber heater hoses , or braided Bob

·
BLUE.II
2,058 Posts
On mine (if it is possible for you)

If it is the small coolant hose. Just replace the two pieces with one un-cut piece and by-pass the throttle body spacer. Let the coolant go out and around.

No problems.

Cheers

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dhungerf Where would it reenter the system? I have a GT-40 intake

·
BLUE.II
2,058 Posts
Steve: I have the same intake.

The back passenger side you have a threaded hole. I put a threaded barbed nipple there and that's the return. You can see it in the picture, it has the teflon tape on the thread.

[/IMG]

Cheers
Doug

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
The '93 Cobra Mustang actually had a different part number coolant tube assembly without the hose nipple on it since the EGR was integral to that upper intake and didn't use a coolant passage for cooling.

I believe that part is obsolete now but you might find one on eBay or elsewhere. Barring that your option is to route it to a lower intake coolant port via 3/8-inch hose, or braze the nipple shut...

HTH...
Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
1,151 Posts
1 Rubber tube, 1 bolt & 2 hose clamps. Not pretty but it works. I always meant to replace it with something a bit nicer but I guess it never bothered Me enough to do it.

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I opted for the machine screw with epoxy and then a coating of epoxy over the whole nipple then some gloss black. can't even see it now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts