Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
that car is going to sell for a rediculous amount of money. Sweet hood scoop.

·
1,073 Posts
Just guessing...........$3 Million?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
$3M...I'll take the under, my guess $2.4

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
I agree...$5M

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
4.2 million...

silly really, given what is out there you could build a car better in every way for about $70K

·
Registered
616 Posts
Bill Cosby fans will recognize this car and its sister, CSX 3303 from his "200 MPH" routine. Give it a listen, it's a classic.

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
“This is conceivably one of the most significant and valuable automobiles to ever cross an auction block,” said Craig Jackson, president of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “Carroll Shelby not only poured his automotive wisdom and racing pride into this vehicle, he also personally gripped the wheel of this American legend.”

$5M? Not even close. I'd be willing to bet closer to $8M. If one of those chuckleheaded collectors are there, I think $10M wouldn't be out of the question. Look how much they paid for that Oldsmobile.

·
Cobra Padawan
272 Posts
My prediction:

Jay Leno and David Copperfield get in a fight over it. I give 5:1 odds in favor of Jay taking it home. At the end... no less than $10 mill.

There's an outside 20:1 shot that the Orange County Chopper guys get ahold of it, and in an attempt to 'bling' it out for Kid Rock, the Roll Bars get turned into Sissy Bars, the side pipes are extended past the rear wheel wells, the hood is taken off, and it's painted neon green with orange flames.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,800 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Good lord. $10 million? Are you serious ?

Gordon Murray's personal McLaren F1 wouldn't even sell for that much money....and neither would Michael Schumacher's Bugatti EB110...and those two are real cars.....

I can see it hitting 1 million, but if this were the "price is right", with the rest of your bids I'd go in at $1 :D

-SB

·
Senior Charter Member
344 Posts
Why would anyone pay that much for a Factory Five replica when you can get an orginal Factory Five for around $13,000.

Dave Mak

·
4,342 Posts
When we were kids, we memorized Cos' 200 mph. "Look at those piiiipes!" It's funny, $5 million almost seams reasonable.

·
7,134 Posts
No ways it will go to $5M.

It has no race history, it is automatic, and other than it being Ole Shels car has little other provenance.

The asking price on a street 427 recently was in $600k range. Add maybe a mill to that.

I also doubt Jay Leno will bid on it, his Cobra that he already has is not even a real one :D and he has had many opportunities to bid on other genuine Cobras in the past and has NOT.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts