Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning on picking up my kit. How big of a trailer do I need? I have a line on a 5*8 trailer. Also, I’ll be towing it with an Explorer, so I’ll have room in the back. I’m thinking on bringing tires to set it on, straps and a tarp. Anything else I would need?

Thanx

Dave

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Dave,

You can fit the car on a 6x10 trailer, which is what I used. Some have even used smaller sized snowmobile trailers, letting the front and rear of the body hang off the ends. The car is 6 feet wide. I dont think you can use a 5x8 unless the wheels are under the deck.

If you do a search on trailer size you will see this has been discussed at length with lots of people describing the various vehicles they used to pick up their kits. Just remember to search "Lets build it" and not just the "raodster forum."

HTH

Tom

·
Charter Member
668 Posts
I used a 5x9 utility trailer. I bolted two 4x4's across the rails and set the main frame rails on them. Let some hang over the front and rear. I drove from SC and did not want to drag a huge trailer.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
Believe it or not,I moved my frame to a shop 30 miles away on 4x8 utility trailer,carefully blocked,and strapped to death.Do not try this unless unless you're a professional!Get a good trailer.Good luck.Really,6'x12',minimum.

·
Charter Member
3,487 Posts
I did it with a 8 * 8 snowmobile trailor.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have use of an enclosed Cycle Pro all-aluminum single axle trailer... the box is 6x10, plus another 3+ feet in the nose (which is "V"'d)... it has a rear ramp door and a man door on the left hand side near the front...

It's 6' high...

Could you fit the frame and body in here from F5? Anyone ever try?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.