Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this better? I kinda like it. This one is just made from 18ga steel as I didn't want to waste my good alum on a prototype.....and I can already tell I'm going to have to add a 3rd vertical support in the center to keep it from vibrating at speed, but I think the horizontal slats worked out pretty nicely. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like it far better than the first one. Powdercoated and with a third vertical support, they'd look really nice on a gen 2. I'd definitely get one... eventually.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It will be Perfection with the thicker material.

I want the first production one off the table...... Seriously.

·
Registered
379 Posts
YEAH !!!! Now that big grin has some TEETH !!!! Much mo bettah!!
Cheers, Jeff:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think the grill looks good as is. Great job man. On a side note that new gel coat on the gen 2 looks like it is a lot better than the first gen.

·
Premium Member
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Digging it, how will these install Shane, are they press fit and clip in?
They will be the same basic design as the Gen I Grille. The vertical supports are slotted as well as the back side of the horizontal slats so they fit together. I use panelbonding adhesive on the bottom side of the slats to bond them to the vertical supports. The vertical supports have long tabs at the top and bottom that extend forward and get bonded to the rough side of the hood opening.

I will try to get the drawing modified for that third support in the next couple of days. Price will be the same as the Gen I Front Grille.....$78. Slats are shorter, but there are more of them, so they take up about the same amount of material.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Final version. Shipping units out today. Thanks for all of the feedback on these everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts