Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using a late mode pedal box. Do you think it might be better? Is it even worth a try. They want $225 for an early model. :eek: You can get 99-2002 for $100.

Discuss. ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't know but that seems like a lot of money. Is that junk yards? Have you looked on eBay or Corral.net?
To your original question, that pedal box looks a lot like the one I used out of a 94. I don't know if they changed them or not and my car is not on the road yet but the box is mounted and seems like it's going to be fine.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
616 Posts
I'm going with Tilton Reverse mount setup. $350 with all M/C's, balance bar, etc. It is the remote mount kind that lets you place the reservoir's remotely. Wilwood's setup is a little cheaper.

·
Charter Member
80 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the Tilton or Wilwood set up?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at Stangparts.com . It looks like the manual pedal box is a popular item for folks converting from aod. It is also a challenge to remove from the car as well. The pics they had of the 94-98 looked exactly like the pic of the 99-02. Might be a mistake, I don't know. Do you have any pics of your install? Do you think the late model box is better?

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I don't think there's much difference in manual pedal boxes from 1964 on. Ford is not known for making unnecessary revisions.

Happy motoring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts