Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my car the 86 miles to Nashua from Moultonboro NH tonight. Stopped to get gas and noticed that my oil temp was around 210, water temp was 190 or so. As I was filling up some guy came up to me and said nice ride. What engine, so I opened the hood and showed him. That's when I noticed smoke coming from the compartment out the side louvers. Bottom of car is soaked with oil. All drops down the frame. Smoke was coming from the cats. I believe oil was being thrown from the front seal somewhere. But where I was in the condo carport I did not have a jack with me to hike her up and take a look see. Anyway, as I drove away from the station I noticed the oil temp come down to around 180. It normally runs at around 160. Now I had just changed the oil getting ready for the open house ride and The LCS next week.
What do you think. I do get a shrill noise at idle from the Kenne Belle, but I checked and the oil is right on the money there as well.
Just a bit nervous about why it spiked up. Do you think it was because I was talking to that guy and oil got heat soaked? But why would it go to over 200 degrees if the engine water temp was only 190? Normal or not, I guess is what I want to know?
Thanks for input.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
3,217 Posts
Paul - The oil temp spiked over 200 on me a couple of times but it only happened when the outside temps were in the mid to high 90s. I used the manual fan switch to keep the fan running continuously for a while and things went back to normal relatively quickly. When I first started driving her I had an oil leak around the balancer that would spray oil back along the oil pan and frame. It stopped doing it after a few hundred miles so I never investigated further. How much oil did you put in? If I remember correctly the oil pan is 7 quarts, but you could check that on the Quality Roadster site, which is where I bought it. Did you switch to a synthetic?

·
Senior Charter Member
3,085 Posts
210 F is nothing to worry about.

Probably just heat soak. The oil temp will run higher than the water temp.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I put Mobile Uno it. Actually the oil that came out was very clean. I thought it was the front seal. I put in 7 qts and it came up to the safe mark on the stick. I didn't notice it spike up when I drove it on a hot day. I actually remember saying to myself wow the oil temp stays low. Today was nowhere near 90. It was actually cool coming home tonight. It might have been the stay at the pump. I really never noticed the temp as I drove away from any pump before. I'll have to watch it on the ride down tomorrow. Maybe an oil cooler someday.
Now I'm off to bed. Got to get up at 4:30 so I can make it to Marlboro by 6:30. Gonna be cool in the morning which is good.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
3,217 Posts
That's what I was thinking Don and why I asked Paul, as I never used synthetic in her.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,784 Posts
Don't be concerned unless you see over 270.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts