Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a page right out of the Factory Five playbook!

With their June issue, the editors at Hot Rod magazine are launching a first of its kind, reader competition for feature articles on the best homebuilt cars on the planet.

This competition seems to be designed specifically for the Factory Five community of owners. Truthfully, the fact that there is no “Best Factory Five” category indicates that Hot Rod wants to enter our cars in more than one classification.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunities that you need to take advantage of right away (like when your wife gave you the go-ahead to buy your Factory Five kit).

Hot Rod is offering all kinds of killer prizes, as well as the chance to have you and your car on teh magazine's cover!

To sweeten the deal Factory Five is laying out the following prizes in conjunction with the Hot Rod promotion:
$2000 CASH!
Get your Factory Five on the cover of Hot Rod magazine and we’ll send you a check for $2000!
Just to cover any loopholes – your car image has to represent at least 30% of the cover image content – one of three cars minimum.
$1000 CASH!
Win any one of the Hot Rod categories with a Factory Five, and Dave Smith will personally autograph a company check in the amount of $1000.
$100 FFR Bucks
There really aren’t runners-up referenced in the details that we’ve seen, but should your Factory Five be mentioned in a positive light (not like those referenced in the photo tips), we’ll shoot over a $100 FFR Bucks Gift Certificate.
Free T-Shirt and License Plate bracket
Send us a copy of your submission for use on our website and we'll send you a cool FFR T-Shirt and license plate bracket.

More information can be found at http://www.factoryfive.com/table/whatsnew/press/hotrod/hotrod.html

Good luck everyone - Mark

[ May 29, 2007, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: MARK WEBER @ FACTORY FIVE ]

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Is there a half buil category?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Hmm, I guess I'm not elegible?

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Garage Freak needs to enter this!

Steve

·
ChickenCobra
190 Posts
Hoofa ! Hurry up and finish ! You finish, you win..... Something ! Gotta be with your design skills and workmanship ! Go for it man !

256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Over the years we've seen some incredible builds out there -the cars that consistently win show awards and many which deserve their own magazine feature.

I'm surprised that we still have not received any customer entries.

Don't misunderestimate your build (we want to see you guys get your due!).

Remember, the deadline is August 1, 2007, and as they say, you can't win if you don't play.

[ June 22, 2007, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: MARK WEBER @ FACTORY FIVE ]

·
Non-supporting member
1,164 Posts
Hey Mark, I just ordered from Jeff @ Whitbys on Tuesday and haven't taken delivery yet. Do I qualify for the best build image I have in my mind, LOL? :D ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.