Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bet someone could make a few bucks (yea, and you wouldn't buy some) manufacturing adhesive backed rivet heads for Cobra hoods? Period correct look and no drills near your fancy paint jobs. Just a thought for someone out there that is handy.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Great idea until that day when you are wiping down the car, the adhesive comes loose, and the towel drags the rivets in the paint, destroying it. Or the rivets come loose as your driving, and they fly off.

·
8,153 Posts
Get some chrome sticky backed tape and use a hole punch to make little discs and stick them on. Probably wouldn't look too bad. At least then you would be able to decide if you liked the look enough to drill holes in your hood.

Personally I used stainless steel button head cap screws on my hood and love the look.

·
Registered
901 Posts
This makes three for the button head screws. Drilled them prior to paint, then just had to clean out the hole, cut the screw to length and hold in place with nylock nut and washer.

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
i put the button head screws on also. i put mine on right after my paint job. took it out for a drive and with the heat and a new paint job the bolt head sank into the paint. thought i was going to die when i saw that. all i did was drill out the holes and put 1 size bigger bolt in. it looks better i think. if you put the bolts in DONT tighten them down. use nylon lock nuts and snug up so it doesnt jiggle.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Drill the holes before the hood is painted. The hoop should be prefitted anyway to get everything to fit right. I used nylon washers and nylock nuts on my 10-32 Button Head SS screws and didn't tighten them too tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts