Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very annoying rattle over rough roads that I think is conning from my hood. I dont have weatherstriping on the body of the opening, but I do have the small round rubber bumpers. Will weatherstiping help? Anybody seen this before?

· 2010 FFCars Graduate
3,027 Posts
If it truly is the hood rattling I would check that the latches are tight against the small L bracket on the body. As those rubber bumpers get some age on them they tend to not stand quite as tall.

· Registered
6,092 Posts
I only have bumpers on my hood. The weather stripping was too think. I haven't noticed the hood rattling at all, and the roads here in MI are less than smooth. Agreed, make sure the latches are snug. If hinges, make sure the pivots are tight also. Of course there's always the possibility it's not the hood.

· Junior Charter Member
3,146 Posts
My hood rattled until I installed both the weather striping (from Mike Everson) and the small round bumpers. Keeps the rattles away and also keeps the weather out. Pete

· FFCobra Craftsman
26,000 Posts
Mine originally had bumpers only near the windshield. When I started looking into a rattle like you are, i found the bumpers were too thick to be used at other poinst especiall across the front. So I got the "D" weatherstripping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.