Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MK I (97) and would like a hood hoop for both a new hood hinge and where handles are located. Any suggetions appreciated. Gary

·
Junior Charter Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What i am trying to do is stable the hood so it does not twist. Also going to replace original hood hinge set-up. That will help keep left to right in check i hope. Any suggestion please.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,595 Posts
I have an early MKI and used the existing "horseshoe" and fabricated my own perimeter loop (welded to the horseshoe) and positioned the hood handles away from the side. The entire hoop was then bonded to the hood (drill small holes in loop to allow some bonding spread). Used the stock F5 hinges and they have not been an issue. I also use 30# gas struts. For more than 22yrs it hasn't failed one bit and it has seen use. I attached one of the few pictures I have from the build but if you need some closer shots I can do that. Email if you prefer. hth

Attachments

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
I have a complete hoop to be installed on a Mark I hood. I was trying to give it away but ran into issues getting a box to ship it in.

Luggage and bags Drinkware Plumbing fixture Sleeve Bag

I recently found an expandable flat screen box that could work.
Is this something you can use?

·
7,716 Posts
I cut the hoop off of the horseshoe shaped piece and bonded/button-head screwed it to the hood. Used prop-rods instead of the pressurized struts and am just careful while closing the hood.

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts