Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Yeah, mine are less than legible too. All I see is 4 little arrows. I suspect everyone's probably look like this. If someone per chance has a legible copy maybe they could post it here.
Doug

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Check your email for an electronic copy of the instructions.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,032 Posts
Want to say a quick personal thanks for Fred sending these out...it's a big help since the hard copies that FFR ships are pretty tough to read.

Larry-

Is there somewhere on the forum these docs could be posted? They're pretty big (couple of meg.)

all the best,
Chris

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Flylo,
Some suggestions you may want to consider.
Make sure the hood is the proper shape countour to the body with the body on chassis before you do any bonding. Shim the front and tear centers of the hood even with the body arc and sand bag the corners until the hood is countoured correctly. You may want to trim the parimeter of the metal hoop so it doesn't overlap the body cutout. This helps preventing the thickness of the hoop and bonding HSFR thickness from making the hood wind up being higher than the body. Take all the time needed to bend the hoop so when clamped to the hood it doesn't change the countour. I also had to bend my hinge plate that bolts to the hood hoop to look like a truncated pyramid and the side mounting ears 10 degrees to get hem back verticle withthe hinge pivots. This allowed the studs to engage the plate more squarely, at least for my installation.

Bob Mac
FFR3981

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.