Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it's just kind of hitting me now. Took it out to one of our minor (35 mph) roads a few minutes ago and ran it up to temp. Everything seems to be working pretty well, though I definitely need an alignment and a tuneup. All the time spent in the garage didn't really hit me until I'm going down the road at 40mph (or so, I don't have a working speedo yet) in something that you assembled yourself in the garage. Can't wait till it's dialed in. And, to top it off, today's my 30th birthday so I almost hit my goal of having it done by now (minus a few bugs, bodywork/fitting, paint, and interior). Woohoo!

(took the camera with me on the drive and forgot to pull over to take a picture. Hehe)

·
Ohio C-car Club
3,686 Posts
I hear you Kevin. Makes all of the sweat blood and tears worth it, doesn't it? I took mine for a drive Sunday and really enjoyed the wind in my hair!

Hoping to take it tonight to the Ohio Cobra Club meeting to show it to the guys.

Your build looks nice!

Scott

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
There's no doubt that the first real drive in your car is a superfragilisticexpialidoshis , experience!!! Just wait till you get it painted and finished, and , the first time you get the thumbs up , from someone in a minivan......Now the real fun begins....

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
Looks great..I agree it is hard to imagine...

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,483 Posts
Congrats!!

I would just like to point out....

.........you may have beat me to first start, but I beat you to the finish line :evil: :D

Happy birthday Kevin :001_tt1:

Is it in paint yet? Don't recall seeing your graduation thread!:001_cool:

·
Administrator
7,021 Posts
OH, Mr. Barry....

There's no doubt that the first real drive in your car is a superfragilisticexpialidoshis , experience!!! Just wait till you get it painted and finished, and , the first time you get the thumbs up , from someone in a minivan......Now the real fun begins....
Ahem.

It's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye...

:D ;)

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Congrat's !!!!

:checkeredflag: :beerchug::rockon::checkeredflag:

Pig

·
Newbie Lurker
621 Posts
Seems like it's just kind of hitting me now....
Kevin:

Congratulations, and I know EXACTLY how you feel. One week ago, while having beers with my dad on the patio, I caught a peek of the FFR through the open garage door (in DP 90 and assembled), and thought: "...Crap! There's a C**** in my garage! How cool is that!?"

Good job!

--Joe

·
Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts
Lookin real nice but then I am partial to dual roll bars and Kirkey seats

Happy Bday and congrats on the progress

·
Junior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
WooHoo!!!! I still have a long way to go to catch up. When you are ready, we'll cruise down to Alabama Jacks for some conch fritters and beer!!! :) (I'll just have to bring the Ferrari :)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Congratulations on the car and the birthday Kevin!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
245 Posts
congrats

Nice build, and happy birthday. Someday I hope to be in your shoes. But for now I'll enjoy driving one someone else built. A build is definitely in my future though.

-scott

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the comments and "Happy Birthday" guys! It's funny, I've been building this thing for 21 months and not one guy has stopped by to take a look. They stare as they walk past the garage, but no one stops. I've had 2 kids come over and take a look, but not one adult. Today, I took it for the ride and had a grown man leave his gardening and run after me as I drove by. He followed me home and said that he and his son have been "watching from down the street" since it got delivered. :confused: He said they are both into cars and they hear me start it up but they've never come by. I told him to bring his son over and he said the son would love that.

If my neighbor was building a car, I'd be over there every time the garage was open. He'd have to ask me to leave. :D

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It'll be painted by the end of the week or so - not graduating yet, I've got special plans for it :evil:
Doesn't count as done until it's graduated! You know the forum rules. :D

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WooHoo!!!! I still have a long way to go to catch up. When you are ready, we'll cruise down to Alabama Jacks for some conch fritters and beer!!! :) (I'll just have to bring the Ferrari :)
Sounds good Chris! You can't be that far behind, you were making good progress last time I came by. Time for another build party?

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Not only did you build a car. You built one that is so dependable that you can drive it to the drag strip, turn in the 12's, and drive it home without blinding an eye. Cool Huh!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.