Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,619 Posts
are you using mechanical pump or electric? if electric, in tank or in line pump?

· FFCobra Fanatic
2,618 Posts
Best choice for pump is an in-tank one. Don't know of any "mechanical" one for EFI. You'll be running about 60psi for the system. Put the fuel filter in an area you can get to once completed. It'll make your life easier. I run a HP Terminator and run an in-tank pump with the filter just under the trunk area in front of the tank. Plenty of room there. Not sure why you need two filters, one will be a pre-screen on the pump and the "main" one will be outside the tank.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
duh...just realized you were asking for a Holley EFI. yes, in tank pump with a sock on the pick up in the tank and an in line filter mounted to the frame tube just before the lines transition to the vertical portion on their way to the 4" frame. I suppose you can also attach the filter at the vertical portion. just make it accessible once the car is all put together.

451 Posts
they use one as a prefilter for the pump keeping trash from the tank out of the pump and the one after the pump keeps trash from the pump out of the injectors i havent heard of any pumps going bad but a second filter wont hurt it you can put the filters in any location

1 - 7 of 7 Posts