Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I believe I fixed my problem with my fuel pressure, but I just have one question. I unscrewed the relief valve on my holley red fuel pump a little and it stopped forcing fuel out of the bowl vents. Was what I did all right? the screw seems like it could back itself out really easily so IM not sure it was the right thing to do. So you guys tell me.

Thanks,
Mike

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
If the pump did not come with a regulator it does not need one .The most common reason for your problem is stuck , misadjusted floats, or bad needles and seats. My brand new (15 minutes ) Holley did this and it was because the carb was turned upside down during it's road trip here a few taps with the plastic screwdriver handle fixed it . Measure the fuel pressure at the fuel inlet to the carb if it is 4-7 psi look elsewhere than the pump for your problem. Don't mess with the relief valve on the pump., Take out a site plug on the side of the carb only a few drops should come out if it is more look at the float level and or stuck needle and seat. Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts